Thursday 2 January 2014

For Unto Us a Child is Born


I was asked to give the Christmas talk in my ward,
so out of necessity I spent a great deal of time
thinking about what the birth of the Savior means to me. 
Even when I wasn't consciously thinking about Him
He was always in the back of my mind.
What a blessing this has been to me
during the Christmas season.

How grateful I am that He willingly came to the world,
to set the perfect example of how to live and treat others,
to established His church,
and then to perform the Infinite Atonement
to save us.

I know I loved Him in the Pre-Existence.
I have learned to love Him again in mortality
and I will love Him forever.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dear one. I spoke last week. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added a little stress to the weeks but worth it. I'm sure you did beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie's Sacrament talk was the same quality and caliber as one heard at
    General Conference by a member of the General RS or YW Presidency!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why I didn't remember that you spoke, then I remembered that was the day our kids were stranded while traveling to the east coast and we had to help them on their way to upstate NY. I am sorry I missed hearing you speak.

    ReplyDelete